Wednesday, November 28, 2007

My first experience with weights.

The first routine I did with weight-training left me sore all over. And I never dreamed that I could sweat so much without doing aerobics. The Truth About Abs Program
is certainly not sissy stuff - it's doable but challenging.
The aim of a weight training program is to actually create small tears in your muscle. Then when your body repairs it your muscle gets stronger than before. I realized that it's vital not to over-train. For someone like me who is prone to overdoing things that was tough. But I soon learned that it's counterproductive to train every day because the muscles don't have a chance to repair and rebuild. So training every consecutive day is better.

I've found that a 20 minute session 3x a week works best for me. It's short enough to fit into my schedule and often enough to give results.

No comments: