Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Are you falling prey to the same exercise myths that kept me overweight for over 2 years?

Are you falling prey to the same exercise myths that kept me overweight for over 2 years?

For years I believed that the only way to get and stay thin was to do 30-45 minutes of cardio daily (or at least 3x a week) in order to loose weight. So I began a rigorous program of aerobics. But I lost only 4lb in over 2 years. My body wasn't getting any firmer and I certainly wasn't getting any thinner.

I really started loosing hope and feeling despondent when I stumbled upon something that changed my life forever. I realized that I was doing the wrong type of exercise. I learned that cardio can make you fatter. 'What?' I can hear you scream. Yes, it's true.

Here's what fitness expert Micheal Geary has to say:

"... You've Been Told That Doing Lots and Lots of Cardio is the Best Way to Lose Body Fat... Correct?

WRONG! Once again, the myths that have perpetuated the fitness industry for decades are starting to become more clear.

Did you know that recent properly controlled scientific studies have revealed that people using cardio-based workout routines lost significantly less body fat compared to people who did mostly resistance training based routines? Some subjects even GAINED BODY FAT on the cardio-based workouts, while the resistance trainers got stronger & simultaneously reduced their abdominal fat."

If you want to now more about loosing weight with weights (resistance Training) then go to Truth About Abs

This program isn't just about getting sexy abs, it's a complete all over body workout. And there are two programs, one for men and one for women.


I've been doing the program for almost 6 weeks now and whilst there hasn't been a dramatic reduction on the scale (only 10lb) I have lost inches. I'm one whole dress size smaller. Even my husband commented that I seem to be shrinking. I like that. Long, lean, firm and toned....that's my aim and I'm getting there one day at a time.

I still do cardio 3 x a week, but I've switched to interval training. This means that I alternate periods of moderate intensity with periods of high intensity. Anyway, I'll talk more about that in a later post.

No comments: